SEA’s PVC demand picks up following July decreases
To track weekly developments in Southeast Asia’s PVC market see Southeast Asia/India PVC Polymer Digest (For members only)
A source at a Philippine producer stated, “We lowered our prices by PHP3000-5000/ton ($71-118/ton) for July. We have been receiving a greater number of price inquiries since our most recent decreases, but have not been able to finalize any deals yet. We are hopeful that we will be able to sell more material in July than we did in June.” A PVC compounder in the Philippines added, “We are looking to purchase some material soon as we did not purchase any material in June.”
A Thai converter manufacturing plastic pipes commented, “Demand for end products is usually sluggish in July owing to the monsoon season, but our end product sales are healthy for now. We are planning to purchase some material soon to ensure that we can maintain stable inventory levels.” A Thai producer also reported seeing unusually healthy demand for July this year, saying, “Our sales have improved when compared with the past month. Many buyers had been away from the market in June in anticipation of lower July prices. In addition, end product demand has been bolstered by the fact that some converters are still working to cover the backlogs built up during last year’s flooding.”
In Vietnam, a domestic producer said that they lowered their July decrease amount to $10-30/ton this week after announcing $45-65/ton decreases on their initial July prices. “We raised our prices along with firmer upstream costs this week. Our sales have picked up in July following two months of disappointing sales in May and June,” a producer source reported.
A source at a Malaysian producer added, “We are optimistic about our sales for July and August even though these months are normally a slow season. We are receiving a greater number of inquiries these days and are currently in negotiations with our customers as we find buyers’ price ideas to be too low to accept.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Insight: What will drive polymer markets from here? Demand or costs?
- October PP, PE expectations call for minor changes in Türkiye
- Import PE film prices at around-six-month highs in China and SE Asia
- African PP, PE markets fully head north in September
- Rising costs push PET bottle markets to around 4-month highs in Asia
- Mid-Eastern PP and PE markets join rally in September
- Asia’s PS, ABS markets reach multi-month highs on cost support
- LDPE sees larger gains on elusive supply in Europe
- Türkiye’s polymer markets in flux amid bullish costs, lackluster demand
- China’s import PE prices resume uptrend on ongoing cost support