SEA’s import HDPE, LLDPE below $1100 on deep-sea cargoes
As can be seen in the graph below created by ChemOrbis Price Wizard, weekly average LLDPE film and HDPE film prices in Southeast Asia have been following a decreasing trend since late February. Meanwhile, LLDPE’s premium over HDPE has shrunk considerably on average price of ChemOrbis Price Index.
A trader in Vietnam commented, “Lower offers for deep-sea PE cargoes have shown up this week. The market is quiet nowadays as players are away from the market due to ChinaPlas Fair. Although deep-sea PE cargoes are $50-100/ton lower than producers’ levels, buyers sourced in small quantities or remained sidelined as the shipment period for US and European materials takes about 45 days. Among PE grades, demand for HDPE is the weakest as there is no shortage for this grade while LDPE is firm due to lesser supply. We think the direction of the market will depend on China’s route.”
In Southeast Asia, import PE prices are currently reported at $1030-1165/ton for HDPE film and at $1080-1160/ton for LLDPE film , all on CIF, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm