SEA’s import HDPE, LLDPE below $1100 on deep-sea cargoes
As can be seen in the graph below created by ChemOrbis Price Wizard, weekly average LLDPE film and HDPE film prices in Southeast Asia have been following a decreasing trend since late February. Meanwhile, LLDPE’s premium over HDPE has shrunk considerably on average price of ChemOrbis Price Index.
A trader in Vietnam commented, “Lower offers for deep-sea PE cargoes have shown up this week. The market is quiet nowadays as players are away from the market due to ChinaPlas Fair. Although deep-sea PE cargoes are $50-100/ton lower than producers’ levels, buyers sourced in small quantities or remained sidelined as the shipment period for US and European materials takes about 45 days. Among PE grades, demand for HDPE is the weakest as there is no shortage for this grade while LDPE is firm due to lesser supply. We think the direction of the market will depend on China’s route.”
In Southeast Asia, import PE prices are currently reported at $1030-1165/ton for HDPE film and at $1080-1160/ton for LLDPE film , all on CIF, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question