SEA’s import HDPE, LLDPE below $1100 on deep-sea cargoes
As can be seen in the graph below created by ChemOrbis Price Wizard, weekly average LLDPE film and HDPE film prices in Southeast Asia have been following a decreasing trend since late February. Meanwhile, LLDPE’s premium over HDPE has shrunk considerably on average price of ChemOrbis Price Index.
A trader in Vietnam commented, “Lower offers for deep-sea PE cargoes have shown up this week. The market is quiet nowadays as players are away from the market due to ChinaPlas Fair. Although deep-sea PE cargoes are $50-100/ton lower than producers’ levels, buyers sourced in small quantities or remained sidelined as the shipment period for US and European materials takes about 45 days. Among PE grades, demand for HDPE is the weakest as there is no shortage for this grade while LDPE is firm due to lesser supply. We think the direction of the market will depend on China’s route.”
In Southeast Asia, import PE prices are currently reported at $1030-1165/ton for HDPE film and at $1080-1160/ton for LLDPE film , all on CIF, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out