SIDPEC cancels shutdown plans
“We have been delaying our turnaround since September and now we have decided not to conduct any maintenance until the end of the year. Our plant is operating at full rates and our equipment is working fine, it is in no need of maintenance. At the moment, we run both our production lines and we deliver smoothly to the market. Regarding our future expectations, we lack a clear view of the market when considering the volatile parity rates and upstream costs,” he remarked.
SIDPEC had started the month of November with EGP400/ton ($56/ton) decreases. The producer offers HDPE film at EGP12000/ton ($1678/ton), HDPE blow moulding at EGP12070/ton
($1688/ton) and HDPE injection at EGP11600-12200/ton ($1622-1706/ton) on ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?
- US PVC prices bounce on heels of eased stock pressure
- China PP market volatile since its rebound in H1 April, is it the new normal?
- Taiwanese major’s June PVC pricing expected to reverse course after two months