SIDPEC cancels shutdown plans
“We have been delaying our turnaround since September and now we have decided not to conduct any maintenance until the end of the year. Our plant is operating at full rates and our equipment is working fine, it is in no need of maintenance. At the moment, we run both our production lines and we deliver smoothly to the market. Regarding our future expectations, we lack a clear view of the market when considering the volatile parity rates and upstream costs,” he remarked.
SIDPEC had started the month of November with EGP400/ton ($56/ton) decreases. The producer offers HDPE film at EGP12000/ton ($1678/ton), HDPE blow moulding at EGP12070/ton
($1688/ton) and HDPE injection at EGP11600-12200/ton ($1622-1706/ton) on ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices