SIDPEC cancels shutdown plans
“We have been delaying our turnaround since September and now we have decided not to conduct any maintenance until the end of the year. Our plant is operating at full rates and our equipment is working fine, it is in no need of maintenance. At the moment, we run both our production lines and we deliver smoothly to the market. Regarding our future expectations, we lack a clear view of the market when considering the volatile parity rates and upstream costs,” he remarked.
SIDPEC had started the month of November with EGP400/ton ($56/ton) decreases. The producer offers HDPE film at EGP12000/ton ($1678/ton), HDPE blow moulding at EGP12070/ton
($1688/ton) and HDPE injection at EGP11600-12200/ton ($1622-1706/ton) on ex-Alexandria, cash not including VAT basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market