SK Innovation resumes PX operations after large-scale maintenance
The company reportedly said that its petroleum and chemical facilities will operate at full rates and the production in some facilities will also increase with the recent upgrades made during the maintenance process. Accordingly, the company will be able to refine 1.12 million barrels/day of crude oil and produce 2.8 million tons/year of paraxylene. These amounts will be the largest the company will achieve since it was founded, reports indicated.
The company was making investment plans since 2013 to boost their presence in Chinese PX market and to expand its business in Asia.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand