SK Innovation resumes PX operations after large-scale maintenance
The company reportedly said that its petroleum and chemical facilities will operate at full rates and the production in some facilities will also increase with the recent upgrades made during the maintenance process. Accordingly, the company will be able to refine 1.12 million barrels/day of crude oil and produce 2.8 million tons/year of paraxylene. These amounts will be the largest the company will achieve since it was founded, reports indicated.
The company was making investment plans since 2013 to boost their presence in Chinese PX market and to expand its business in Asia.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out
- Modest supply sends PVC prices to almost 5-month highs in Türkiye