SK Innovation resumes PX operations after large-scale maintenance
The company reportedly said that its petroleum and chemical facilities will operate at full rates and the production in some facilities will also increase with the recent upgrades made during the maintenance process. Accordingly, the company will be able to refine 1.12 million barrels/day of crude oil and produce 2.8 million tons/year of paraxylene. These amounts will be the largest the company will achieve since it was founded, reports indicated.
The company was making investment plans since 2013 to boost their presence in Chinese PX market and to expand its business in Asia.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes