SK Innovation to expand petchem capacity in China
Accordingly, the company’s subsidiary SK Global Chemical will reportedly increase its petrochemical production by 400,000 tons/year to 3 million tons/year as of 2020.
The expansion plan is expected to increase the capacity for ethylene to 1.1 million tons/year, polyethylene to 900,000 tons/year and polypropylene to 700,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops