SOCAR awards contract to Fluor for its oil and petchem project
According to the terms of the contract, Fluor will support SOCAR’s selection and management of future contractors that will perform detailed engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up of the gas processing and petrochemical plants.
As part of the OGPC project, which is expected to come online by 2020, a gas processing unit and a petrochemical plant as well as a new refinery will be built. The gas processing unit is expected to have a capacity of 12 billion cubic meters while the petrochemical plant will have a production capacity of 1.1 million tons/year, including 860,000 tons/year of polymer capacity. The new refinery, which is expected to be launched by 2030 will have a production capacity of 9 million tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months