SOCAR awards contract to Fluor for its oil and petchem project
According to the terms of the contract, Fluor will support SOCAR’s selection and management of future contractors that will perform detailed engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning and start-up of the gas processing and petrochemical plants.
As part of the OGPC project, which is expected to come online by 2020, a gas processing unit and a petrochemical plant as well as a new refinery will be built. The gas processing unit is expected to have a capacity of 12 billion cubic meters while the petrochemical plant will have a production capacity of 1.1 million tons/year, including 860,000 tons/year of polymer capacity. The new refinery, which is expected to be launched by 2030 will have a production capacity of 9 million tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect