SOCAR closes the sale on part of its stake in Petkim
SOCAR Turkey Energy’s direct participation fell to 1.32% in the petrochemical complex with the sale of almost 35 million shares. Each share was sold at $1.40. However, SOCAR Turkey Petrokimya A.S maintains a 51% share in Petkim. SOCAR Turkey Energy’s direct and indirect share in Petkim was down to 52.32% from 54.65% after the sale.
Petkim’s assets were reported at $1.69 billion in 2016 from $1.85 billion last year. In this period, Petkim’s liabilities were valued at $0.41 billion with a drop of 23.9% while its fixed liabilities volume was at $0.36 billion with an increase of 0.9% within the year.
Petkim petrochemical complex’s market value is estimated at $2.2 billion at present.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe