SOCAR’s Azerikimya set to complete renovation in ethylene-PE plants
The company shut the plant on August 10 as a part of the company’s plans for modernization and capacity expansion while the first stage included installing automated control systems.
The existing technological installations will be modernized in the framework of the reconstruction project, according to reports. Being implemented by Technip Italy, the project is fully slated to be completed by 2019.
Azerikimya aims to raise the plant’s ethylene and PE production capacities as well as their efficiency. PE production is expected to reach 105,000 tons/year following the modernization work. The first stage of the maintenance was to be followed by some new facilities to be built.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers