SOCAR’s Azerikimya set to complete renovation in ethylene-PE plants
The company shut the plant on August 10 as a part of the company’s plans for modernization and capacity expansion while the first stage included installing automated control systems.
The existing technological installations will be modernized in the framework of the reconstruction project, according to reports. Being implemented by Technip Italy, the project is fully slated to be completed by 2019.
Azerikimya aims to raise the plant’s ethylene and PE production capacities as well as their efficiency. PE production is expected to reach 105,000 tons/year following the modernization work. The first stage of the maintenance was to be followed by some new facilities to be built.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May
- Downtrend continues in Turkish PP, PE markets amid Ramadan lull