SOCAR’s STAR refinery delivers first naphtha cargo to Petkim
The company stated that the recently-inaugurated 200,800 b/d STAR refinery in Aliaga, Turkey delivered 1,303 tons of light naphtha to Petkim’s nearby 3.6 million tons/year petrochemical complex.
The integrated-refinery will be able to produce 1.6 million tons/year of naphtha upon reaching full production capacity, the company reported.
The $6.3 billion refinery received the first loading of crude oil for processing from Azerbaijan in August last year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan