SOCAR’s construction at PP, HDPE plants near completion
According to company, the construction of its new HDPE unit was also completed by 71% and both units are expected to start up by 2018.
The construction of the new plant began in November 2016 under the scope of SOCAR Polymer project, which was initiated in September 2013. The company also aims to gradually renovate its ethylene and PE plants until 2019 as part of the plant modernization project.
According to the original plan, the two plants were planned to produce 200,000 tons/year of HDPE and 100,000 tons/year of PP, although there is no recent update about the capacities.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET bottle fails to salve pandemic wounds; challenges mount as autumn begins
- Can LDPE uptrend hold in Asia?
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness