SOCAR to build new petchem, gas complex in Baku
The company expects the financial agreement to be signed in late 2017 or early 2018 and the project will cost $4 billion, the reports revealed.
The company also added that the 50% of the output from the new complex will be sold to Turkey while the Middle East, China and Europe are also seen as potential markets.
The gas processing complex is expected to have a capacity of 10 billion cubic meters a year while the complex is also planned to have a steam cracker with a 570,000 tons/year of ethylene and a 120,000 tons/year of propylene, a 570,000 tons/year LLDPE/HDPE swing plant.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September