Sales of white goods hit record high in Turkey
The sales of white goods in January increased by 24.6% to reach 538,000. Total sales are expected to hit an annual record with 7.8 million by the end of 2017.
The rise in sales of white goods in January was attributed to the increase in white goods demand supported by the government as well as the will of consumers to renew their white goods.
The removal of the special consumption tax on white goods is seen to positively affect the outlook in February as well.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out