Sales of white goods hit record high in Turkey
The sales of white goods in January increased by 24.6% to reach 538,000. Total sales are expected to hit an annual record with 7.8 million by the end of 2017.
The rise in sales of white goods in January was attributed to the increase in white goods demand supported by the government as well as the will of consumers to renew their white goods.
The removal of the special consumption tax on white goods is seen to positively affect the outlook in February as well.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years
- SEA cracker outages and lack of deep-sea cargoes underpin olefin prices in Asia
- US origin hammers import PVC prices into Asia
- China PE markets stay bearish with import prices below new thresholds
- Oil producers boast record Q3 earnings but chemical margins under pressure
- Aggressive imports, long supplies weigh on Europe’s ABS markets