Sales of white goods hit record high in Turkey
The sales of white goods in January increased by 24.6% to reach 538,000. Total sales are expected to hit an annual record with 7.8 million by the end of 2017.
The rise in sales of white goods in January was attributed to the increase in white goods demand supported by the government as well as the will of consumers to renew their white goods.
The removal of the special consumption tax on white goods is seen to positively affect the outlook in February as well.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers