Samsung to sell its chemical, defense affiliates to Hanwha
The companies agreed on acquisition of a 57.6% stake in Samsung General Chemicals Co Ltd to Hanwha Chemical and Hanwha Energy for 1.06 trillion won while Samsung’s stakes in Samsung Thales Corporation, a joint venture with Thales, and SamsungTotal Petrochemicals, a joint venture with Total, also would be transferred to Hanwha Group. Samsung Electronics will also sell a 32.4% share in defense firm Samsung Techwin Co Ltd to Hanwha Corporation for 840 billion won.
With the acquisition, Hanwha group aims to improve its petrochemicals and defense businesses with an additional earning of approximately 12 trillion won in sales.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons