Samsung to sell its chemical, defense affiliates to Hanwha
The companies agreed on acquisition of a 57.6% stake in Samsung General Chemicals Co Ltd to Hanwha Chemical and Hanwha Energy for 1.06 trillion won while Samsung’s stakes in Samsung Thales Corporation, a joint venture with Thales, and SamsungTotal Petrochemicals, a joint venture with Total, also would be transferred to Hanwha Group. Samsung Electronics will also sell a 32.4% share in defense firm Samsung Techwin Co Ltd to Hanwha Corporation for 840 billion won.
With the acquisition, Hanwha group aims to improve its petrochemicals and defense businesses with an additional earning of approximately 12 trillion won in sales.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?