Sasol awards contract to Toyo Engineering for US LLDPE plant
The plant, which is a part of Sasol’s $8.1 billion petrochemical complex to be established in Louisiana, will have a production capacity of 450,000 tons/year. The plant is expected to come online in 2017. TOYO has been providing Front End Engineering Design (FEED) services for the plant since 2013.
On October 28, Sasol announced that they reached a final investment decision on an $8.1 billion world-scale ethane cracker and derivatives complex in Lake Charles, Louisiana. The company aims to benefit from low-cost ethane feedstock in the Americas and plans to significantly increase its chemical output in the United States.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June