Sasol breaks ground on ethane cracker in US
The new ethane cracker will have an ethylene capacity 1.5 million tons/year. The planned project will also house six chemical manufacturing plants, including a 1.98 billion lbs/year (approximately 900,000 tons/year) PE plant, spread evenly between LDPE and LLDPE, and a 660 million lbs/year (approximately 300,000 tons/year) ethylene oxide plant.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September