Sasol completes two third of world-scale petchem complex in US
According to the statement, early works activities, site preparation and civil construction work have been under way since 2014 and they are nearly complete as of June 2017. Engineering has been around 85% complete while the procurement of equipment has been almost 100% committed.
The complex will house an ethane cracker that will produce 1.5 million tons/year of ethylene as well as six chemical manufacturing plants. The ethylene produced in the facility will be used in six downstream plants on-site to produce a range of high-value derivatives including ethylene oxide, mono-ethylene glycol, low density and linear low density polyethylene. Sasol aims to further strengthen its position in the global chemicals market via the world-scale complex.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September