Sasol’s world-scale petchem complex in US progresses
Media reports indicated that LCCP has an ethane cracker with 1.5 million tons/year production capacity and six downstream chemical output facilities. The whole project is expected to be completed by the second half of 2019.
Company executives stated that the company is planning to initially start up its new LLDPE unit by the second half of 2018 and then, the ethane cracker, the ethylene oxide (EO), MEG units and LDPE unit are going to start production. The PE units are going to produce 900,000 tons/year. Some of the ethylene output will supply a 50-50 joint venture HDPE unit in Texas belonging to Sasol and Ineos and the rest will be sold.
Almost 100,000 bbl/day of ethane will be used by the LCCP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect