Sasol’s world-scale petchem complex in US progresses
Media reports indicated that LCCP has an ethane cracker with 1.5 million tons/year production capacity and six downstream chemical output facilities. The whole project is expected to be completed by the second half of 2019.
Company executives stated that the company is planning to initially start up its new LLDPE unit by the second half of 2018 and then, the ethane cracker, the ethylene oxide (EO), MEG units and LDPE unit are going to start production. The PE units are going to produce 900,000 tons/year. Some of the ethylene output will supply a 50-50 joint venture HDPE unit in Texas belonging to Sasol and Ineos and the rest will be sold.
Almost 100,000 bbl/day of ethane will be used by the LCCP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Run rate cuts managed to prop up Asian ethylene, propylene prices
- Saudi major revises down Sept PP, PE offers in East Med, Egypt
- Tightening supplies embolden PP producers to hike prices in SE Asia
- European PP, PE lose premium over global markets, what lies ahead?
- Turkey’s PVC market in flux amid calm demand, reduced supply
- China PE markets cautiously rebound after 5-month downtrend
- Taiwanese major’s Oct PVC pricing cuts surprise Asian markets
- PP, PE recovery elusive yet in India but seasonal strength round the corner
- Container freight rate slump deepens as weak demand seems here to stay
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets track opposite directions in September