Sasol’s world-scale petchem complex in US progresses
Media reports indicated that LCCP has an ethane cracker with 1.5 million tons/year production capacity and six downstream chemical output facilities. The whole project is expected to be completed by the second half of 2019.
Company executives stated that the company is planning to initially start up its new LLDPE unit by the second half of 2018 and then, the ethane cracker, the ethylene oxide (EO), MEG units and LDPE unit are going to start production. The PE units are going to produce 900,000 tons/year. Some of the ethylene output will supply a 50-50 joint venture HDPE unit in Texas belonging to Sasol and Ineos and the rest will be sold.
Almost 100,000 bbl/day of ethane will be used by the LCCP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand