Sasol’s world-scale petchem complex in US progresses
Media reports indicated that LCCP has an ethane cracker with 1.5 million tons/year production capacity and six downstream chemical output facilities. The whole project is expected to be completed by the second half of 2019.
Company executives stated that the company is planning to initially start up its new LLDPE unit by the second half of 2018 and then, the ethane cracker, the ethylene oxide (EO), MEG units and LDPE unit are going to start production. The PE units are going to produce 900,000 tons/year. Some of the ethylene output will supply a 50-50 joint venture HDPE unit in Texas belonging to Sasol and Ineos and the rest will be sold.
Almost 100,000 bbl/day of ethane will be used by the LCCP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe