Sasol’s world-scale petchem complex in US progresses
Media reports indicated that LCCP has an ethane cracker with 1.5 million tons/year production capacity and six downstream chemical output facilities. The whole project is expected to be completed by the second half of 2019.
Company executives stated that the company is planning to initially start up its new LLDPE unit by the second half of 2018 and then, the ethane cracker, the ethylene oxide (EO), MEG units and LDPE unit are going to start production. The PE units are going to produce 900,000 tons/year. Some of the ethylene output will supply a 50-50 joint venture HDPE unit in Texas belonging to Sasol and Ineos and the rest will be sold.
Almost 100,000 bbl/day of ethane will be used by the LCCP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asia PET markets stay soft as supplies accumulate amid seasonal lull
- Price gap between PVC and HDPE pipe shrinks in Vietnam
- Spot C3 prices in Europe and Asia fall to new lows as supply lengthens
- European PE prices at a decade low, eroding demand for recycled grades
- US HDPE, LLDPE fall below $800 in Turkey; does further weakness lurk ahead?
- SE Asia’s import homo-PP market sinks to 3-and-a-half year low
- PVC market in China suffers larger declines than in India
- African PE markets hit historical lows on greater competition from US supply
- Italy’s PVC market takes a downward turn in Nov following ethylene
- Turkey’s import PP market hovers around 3-year low as activity stays depressed