Sasol sources $4 billion credit for US ethane investment
The new ethane cracker that will have an ethylene capacity 1.5 million tons/year and is expected to come online in early 2018. The planned project will also house six chemical manufacturing plants, including a 1.98 billion lbs/year (approximately 900,000 tons/year) PE plant, spread evenly between LDPE and LLDPE, and a 660 million lbs/year (approximately 300,000 tons/year) ethylene oxide plant.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS