Sasol sources $4 billion credit for US ethane investment
The new ethane cracker that will have an ethylene capacity 1.5 million tons/year and is expected to come online in early 2018. The planned project will also house six chemical manufacturing plants, including a 1.98 billion lbs/year (approximately 900,000 tons/year) PE plant, spread evenly between LDPE and LLDPE, and a 660 million lbs/year (approximately 300,000 tons/year) ethylene oxide plant.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June