Saudi Arabia and Russia sign $10 billion investment deal
According to the new deal, Saudi Arabia will invest in Russian agricultural projects as well as in medicine, logistics, retail and real estate sectors over the next five years. The majority of the investment value will be provided from Saudi Arabia’s sovereign-wealth fund, the Public Investment Fund, while Russia also committed to promoting investment in Saudi Arabia by Russian investors.
The head of the RDIF, Kirill Dmitriev, reported that the proposed funds are expected to be implemented within five years while first four or five investment deals are expected to be concluded in the upcoming two to three months and may also attract investors from China, South Korea and the United Arab Emirates.
Meanwhile, the RDIF also signed an agreement with another Saudi Arabian sovereign-wealth fund, the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority, regarding future investments from Russia in Saudi Arabia and other Middle East countries.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months