Saudi Arabia hints at IPO of Aramco
Though Saudi Arabia’s oil sector has always been managed domestically, Bin Salman expressed that the move will be beneficial for the Saudi market and Aramco, whose annual revenues are slated to reach $90 billion based on the company’s exports of 7 million barrels of oil per day (bpd) despite lower oil prices.
In October, the IMF stressed that Saudi Arabia may exhaust the reserves needed to support current spending within five years because of widening fiscal deficits stemming from plunging oil prices. Towards the end of 2015, Saudi Arabia increased gasoline and ethane feedstock prices in its 2016 budget in order to reduce the budget deficit.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe