Saudi Arabia plans new refinery, petchem plant in South Africa
The purpose of the meeting was stated as a follow-up on progress made since a pledge was initiated in July 2018 by the Saudi government, which included $10 billion in new investment in South Africa’s energy sectors.
Both Ministers agreed that Saudi Aramco and South Africa’s Central Energy Fund (CEF) will jointly conduct studies in this regard and signed a declaration of intent to cooperate in the field of oil and gas.
However, details about the capacity or timing of the project were not disclosed at the time of press.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient