Saudi Arabia’s Petro Rabigh restarts PE units
The company’s 350,000 tons/year LLDPE unit was initially slated to come online by the end of November. The delay in the restart of the unit had an impact on LLDPE supplies for January shipments, the sources reported.
Meanwhile, the company’s 250,000 tons/year PE line currently operates at normal rates.
The Rabigh complex also houses a 600,000 tons/year MEG plant and two PP units with a total production capacity of 700,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm