Saudi Arabia’s Petro Rabigh restarts PE units
The company’s 350,000 tons/year LLDPE unit was initially slated to come online by the end of November. The delay in the restart of the unit had an impact on LLDPE supplies for January shipments, the sources reported.
Meanwhile, the company’s 250,000 tons/year PE line currently operates at normal rates.
The Rabigh complex also houses a 600,000 tons/year MEG plant and two PP units with a total production capacity of 700,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming in China PE market stronger than PP since mid-June
- Asian ethylene, propylene falter on bearish crude and oversupply
- Oil plunge weighs on PET bottle sentiment in Asia, Europe
- ABS reverses losses after 8 weeks in Asia; will upturn be sustainable?
- Import delays support European PP suppliers in July
- Asian PET markets in limbo between high costs and tepid demand
- India PVC sentiment improves further despite lower Aug offers from Taiwan
- Asian ethylene, propylene prices remain bullish but caution lingers
- African PP, PE markets offer mixed bag for July
- European PVC suppliers seek hikes for 14th straight month in July