Saudi Arabia’s PetroRabigh awards contract for Rabigh II expansion project
The Rabigh II project is to be built as an expansion of PetroRabigh’s existing petrochemical plant, located on Saudi Arabia’s Red Sea coast. The project is due to come online in 2016. The project includes raising the capacity of an ethane cracker at the site as well as building a new aromatics plant to process more than 2.7 million tons/year of naphtha for the production of higher-value petrochemical products.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs