Saudi Arabia’s SABIC and US ExxonMobil consider petchem JV
The project reportedly will be on the United States’ Gulf Coast, in Texas or Louisiana, and will house an ethylene production facility which will provide feedstock to other units to produce ethylene derivatives.
SABIC did not give further details regarding the name of ExxonMobil’s affiliate as well as the financial value of the project. Before giving a final decision, the parties will conduct studies and confer with state and local officials to identify a potential site for the project.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov