Saudi Arabia supplies less oil in Sept
The major crude exporter supplied 9.36 million barrels/day in September, down 328,000 barrels/day from August while the country’s production was 100,000 barrels/day higher than the previous month. Saudi crude production was 9.7 million barrels/day in September.
Some OPEC members have been lately calling on Saudi Arabia to reduce its production in order to lift prices. Brent crude on the ICE Futures Europe exchange for December declined 30 cents to settle at $85.83/barrel on October 28 while NYMEX November crude futures also declined 1 cent on the same day to settle at $81/barrel after touching $79.44/barrel during intraday trading, the lowest since June 29, 2012.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019