Saudi Arabian PP, PE offers for November surface in Nigeria
According to the trader’s report, the producer’s new offers are standing at $1050/ton for PP raffia and inj., $1280/ton for LDPE film, at $1270/ton for LLDPE c4 film and $1260/ton for HDPE film, all on a CFR Lagos, cash basis.
"ELEME is delivering regularly to the market now, and the producer elected to roll over their prices given a stabilizing Naira against the US dollar. Besides, the market is unlikely to absorb further hikes since the producer is raising their offers since the beginning of the year. Import activities are still slow with the limited dollar availability at banks, which pushes players to meet their needs locally despite price increases. ELEME’s mid-month price announcement will largely depend o the exchange rates during the upcoming term,” said the trader.
Another trader receiving new offers from the major also said, “We prefer to purchase from the locally held market as we cannot secure dollars. Meanwhile demand on our end product is good, but supplies are short.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan
- Egypt’s local PE, PP markets head north as pound plunges to new low
- Styrenics markets reverse slump after months-long downtrend in Europe