Saudi Arabian PP raffia prices retreat in Turkey
In the import market, Saudi Arabian PP raffia cargos are priced at more competitive levels compared to last week. The price range stands at $1010-1040/ton CFR Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash, down $30-40/ton. A few buy ideas are reported at $1000/ton though sellers complain about scarce firm bids from converters.
“Sack makers bought huge amounts of material in February and their materials are still coming. All sellers are asking about our firm bids these days,” a buyer stated. A big bag converter commented that the local PP market is more attractive and thus he is not interested in Saudi Arabian cargos in the import market. A sack maker, who is not in the market amidst weak expectations, said he may return to the market by June.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?