Saudi Arabian PP raffia prices retreat in Turkey
In the import market, Saudi Arabian PP raffia cargos are priced at more competitive levels compared to last week. The price range stands at $1010-1040/ton CFR Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash, down $30-40/ton. A few buy ideas are reported at $1000/ton though sellers complain about scarce firm bids from converters.
“Sack makers bought huge amounts of material in February and their materials are still coming. All sellers are asking about our firm bids these days,” a buyer stated. A big bag converter commented that the local PP market is more attractive and thus he is not interested in Saudi Arabian cargos in the import market. A sack maker, who is not in the market amidst weak expectations, said he may return to the market by June.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand