Saudi Arabian PP raffia prices retreat in Turkey
In the import market, Saudi Arabian PP raffia cargos are priced at more competitive levels compared to last week. The price range stands at $1010-1040/ton CFR Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash, down $30-40/ton. A few buy ideas are reported at $1000/ton though sellers complain about scarce firm bids from converters.
“Sack makers bought huge amounts of material in February and their materials are still coming. All sellers are asking about our firm bids these days,” a buyer stated. A big bag converter commented that the local PP market is more attractive and thus he is not interested in Saudi Arabian cargos in the import market. A sack maker, who is not in the market amidst weak expectations, said he may return to the market by June.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports in Q1 mark lowest volume in a year
- Vietnamese PE buyers hold off purchases on fears of further price pullback
- European PS on brink of a softer trend after 6 months
- Turkish PP and PE players voice bearish expectations for May
- China’s local homo-PP prices slide below imports
- Irregular PE origins emerge at competitive prices in Europe
- Mid-Eastern sellers backpedal in Africa on competitive PP, PE offers from Asia
- European PVC set to extend longest rising streak into May