Saudi Arabian PP raffia prices retreat in Turkey
In the import market, Saudi Arabian PP raffia cargos are priced at more competitive levels compared to last week. The price range stands at $1010-1040/ton CFR Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash, down $30-40/ton. A few buy ideas are reported at $1000/ton though sellers complain about scarce firm bids from converters.
“Sack makers bought huge amounts of material in February and their materials are still coming. All sellers are asking about our firm bids these days,” a buyer stated. A big bag converter commented that the local PP market is more attractive and thus he is not interested in Saudi Arabian cargos in the import market. A sack maker, who is not in the market amidst weak expectations, said he may return to the market by June.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa