Saudi Arabian PP raffia prices retreat in Turkey
In the import market, Saudi Arabian PP raffia cargos are priced at more competitive levels compared to last week. The price range stands at $1010-1040/ton CFR Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash, down $30-40/ton. A few buy ideas are reported at $1000/ton though sellers complain about scarce firm bids from converters.
“Sack makers bought huge amounts of material in February and their materials are still coming. All sellers are asking about our firm bids these days,” a buyer stated. A big bag converter commented that the local PP market is more attractive and thus he is not interested in Saudi Arabian cargos in the import market. A sack maker, who is not in the market amidst weak expectations, said he may return to the market by June.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asia PS, ABS markets under pressure from multi-year low styrene
- US PE exports to continue to dominate Q4 market outlook
- Taiwanese major sells out Nov PVC quota to India ahead of Diwali
- Will Asian spot ethylene markets pull back from 10-year lows?
- October hikes prove short-lived in Europe’s PP market
- Firming PE trend stumbles, medium-term expectations stifled in Turkey
- PET prices fail to rebound from near 3-year low in Asia, Europe
- African PP, PE markets start Q4 in limbo amid varying pricing policies
- Will Taiwanese major roll over November PVC offers?
- PVC market up from 3-and-a-half year low in Europe