Saudi Arabian PVC finds its way to Turkey
“We heard counter bids at $880/ton from converters while no done deals have been reported so far for Saudi origin,” claimed traders. A player attributed the recent emergence of Saudi Arabian prices to Turkey to the possibility that the supplier may have not been able to sell to Qatar and directed its cargos to Turkey instead.
According to the data from ChemOrbis Statistics, Turkey imported just around 1000 tons of PVC from Saudi Arabia throughout 2016, which formed a minor market share of around 2‰ in Turkey’s overall PVC imports.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets