Saudi Arabian PVC finds its way to Turkey
“We heard counter bids at $880/ton from converters while no done deals have been reported so far for Saudi origin,” claimed traders. A player attributed the recent emergence of Saudi Arabian prices to Turkey to the possibility that the supplier may have not been able to sell to Qatar and directed its cargos to Turkey instead.
According to the data from ChemOrbis Statistics, Turkey imported just around 1000 tons of PVC from Saudi Arabia throughout 2016, which formed a minor market share of around 2‰ in Turkey’s overall PVC imports.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion