Saudi Arabian economy to grow moderately until 2015
In the second quarter of this year, the country’s gross domestic product registered a 3.8% annual growth rate, which was the second lowest figure recorded since the first quarter of 2011. This figure is expected to decline further if OPEC decides in its November meeting to cut production to prop up crude prices that fell precipitously in early October.
However, the manufacturing and utilities sectors limited the overall deceleration, expanding by 6.5% and 8%, respectively in the second quarter. Manufacturing figures were near their highest level since the first quarter of 2012 while the utilities sector recorded its largest expansion since the third quarter of 2012.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices