Saudi Arabian major announces May PE, PP prices to Turkey
Accordingly, the Saudi major’s new PE prices stand at $1500-1520/ton for LLDPE film and $1550/ton for HDPE film on an FCA Turkey, cash, subject to 6.5% duty basis. For PP fibre, the producer’s prices are at $1480-1500/ton CIF Turkey, cash, 6.5% duty.
According to players, the Turkish import PE market is firmer than PP as demand for PP is not that strong and PP buyers are showing resistance towards higher levels in order to maintain their margins.
For both products, meanwhile, regional suppliers are still claiming that supply from the Middle East and Europe remains tight, which would help the firming trend to remain in place in both the PE and PP markets for May. On top of persistently tight supplies, significant gains in feedstock costs both in Asia and Europe are also supporting a firmer outlook for the upcoming days, according to players.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops