Saudi Arabian major applies lower April PE prices to Turkey
Initial responses to the newly announced levels emerged before long, with manufacturers who received new prices from the major saying, “We found the supplier’s most recent offers unworkably high as it was the case in March. We are planning to wait and hear April prices from other Middle Eastern sources before setting our next purchasing plan. Plus, we prefer to see fresh PE prices from Iran as they are expected to emerge by early next week following the Newroz Holiday.”
Prior to the Saudi Arabian source’s announcement, a different Middle Eastern producer issued decreases of $70-80/ton for LDPE grades and $50-60/ton for HDPE and LLDPE film due to discouraging demand in Turkey ahead of the referendum that will take place on April 16th.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe