Saudi Arabian major issues October PP, PE prices in Turkey
In the PP market, the Saudi Arabian producer’s PP fibre prices are reported at $1020/ton CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash. Prompt materials of the producer are priced at $1040/ton FCA Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash. Both levels are down $10/ton from last month.
A PP packager commented, “We believe that the producer will conclude its deals at slightly lower levels than its initial offers since demand in Turkey is not encouraging. Many manufacturers are still struggling with cash constraints. Even if crude oil prices move up following the recent preliminary consensus from OPEC to cut oil output, demand will remain as the main factor to set the trend.” Following OPEC’s decision reached during the meeting in Algeria, crude oil prices settled with increases of more than $2/bbl both on NYMEX and ICE Brent futures markets on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, the producer’s LLDPE c4 film and HDPE film offers emerged flat from the previous month. Buyers were offered at $1150/ton and $1150-1160/ton, respectively for those products on FCA Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash basis.
“We were hoping to get some drops from the supplier this month but it seems Middle Eastern sellers will try to obtain rollovers at least in October. Several regional sources cite their limited allocations for their firm stance,” a PE converter said.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September