Saudi Arabian major reveals lower PE prices to Turkey
“We are not buying beyond our urgent needs as we expect to see additional drops in the PE market soon. Plus, our end product business remains unchanged,” stated a packaging converter who received these prices.
Another buyer purchased some material from the producer at their new price levels, saying that they are cautious with their purchase amounts given the ongoing decreasing trend and the low end product season. “The producer reduced their prices for the new month while they may not concede to additional drops as they don’t have comfortable supplies. Nonetheless, the PE market continues to face downward pressure as there are competitively-priced Iranian materials arriving to the market,” the buyer commented.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets