Saudi Arabian major’s July PE offers surface in Turkey
Accordingly, the Saudi Arabian major’s new PE prices are standing at $1450/ton for LLDPE film and $1490/ton for HDPE film both on an FCA Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash basis.
“Although the producer announced their new prices with a decrease of $60/ton, we are in no rush to purchase for now as we feel that prices will post additional decreases,” a packaging converter mentioned.
Prior to the supplier’s new announcement, a sack manufacturer had commented, “PE prices will probably retreat further. There is a prevalent slowing in global markets while the month of Ramadan is also hampering the market activities in Turkey. A Saudi major may issue $50-60/ton decreases for July. Meanwhile, we think that supply may tighten by September considering very limited replenishment activities on the part of traders.”
New July offers from other Middle Eastern suppliers were mostly revealed, indicating decreases ranging from $50/ton to $80/ton.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount