Saudi Arabian major steps back from October PE prices in Turkey
“The bullish trend has toned down this week due to unsupportive PE demand in the country amidst a jump in the USD parity early this week. Lower spot ethylene costs in Asia along with the stable to soft return of China’s PE market, except for HDPE, following a week long National Day holiday caused Turkish buyers to keep their purchasing volumes to the bare minimum,” players commented.
The Saudi Arabian producer’s recent prices were reported at $1240/ton for LLDPE c4 film and $1220/ton for HDPE film, FCA Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
The prevailing Mid-Eastern price ranges are currently reported at $1260-1280/ton for LDPE film, $1200-1220/ton for LLDPE and $1180-1200/ton for HDPE film, all CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% duty, cash, unchanged on the week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS