Saudi Arabian major steps back from October PE prices in Turkey
“The bullish trend has toned down this week due to unsupportive PE demand in the country amidst a jump in the USD parity early this week. Lower spot ethylene costs in Asia along with the stable to soft return of China’s PE market, except for HDPE, following a week long National Day holiday caused Turkish buyers to keep their purchasing volumes to the bare minimum,” players commented.
The Saudi Arabian producer’s recent prices were reported at $1240/ton for LLDPE c4 film and $1220/ton for HDPE film, FCA Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs duty, cash.
The prevailing Mid-Eastern price ranges are currently reported at $1260-1280/ton for LDPE film, $1200-1220/ton for LLDPE and $1180-1200/ton for HDPE film, all CIF Turkey, subject to 6.5% duty, cash, unchanged on the week.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Oct PE pricing under discussion amid rising costs, tepid demand in Europe
- Crude at multi-year highs contributes to a perfect storm in polymers
- An enduring challenge: Unprecedented times in PVC markets
- Saudi major opts for firm Oct pricing in both local and export polyolefin markets
- Coal prices hit record highs in China with knock-on effects for PP, PVC markets
- European PP players foresee stability for Oct despite higher propylene
- Vietnam PP prices propelled by bullish China market, improved demand outlook
- Asian PVC markets shaken by fresh round of sharp hikes; prices reach new highs
- Higher costs, rising demand carry import LDPE prices to a 5-month high in China
- SE Asian PP lifted by supportive supply-demand fundamentals