Saudi Arabian producer cuts local PP, PE, PS prices for January
Prior to the producer’s announcements, a distributor had highlighted their lower January expectations on the back of weak demand, sufficient supplies and limited purchase amounts.
Looking at the producer’s new January prices, they indicate SAR600/ton ($160/ton) decreases for PE while they represent even larger drops of SAR900/ton ($240/ton) for PP and PS. Offer levels stand at SAR4388/ton ($1169/ton) for HDPE film, SAR4425/ton ($1179/ton) for HDPE b/m and at SAR4463/ton ($1189/ton) for HDPE injection on an FD Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, cash basis. For PP raffia and injection, offers stand at SAR4500/ton ($1199/ton) while prices stand at SAR 4875/ton ($1299/ton) for GPPS and at SAR5175/ton ($1379/ton) for HIPS with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm