Saudi Arabian producer cuts local PP, PE, PS prices for January
Prior to the producer’s announcements, a distributor had highlighted their lower January expectations on the back of weak demand, sufficient supplies and limited purchase amounts.
Looking at the producer’s new January prices, they indicate SAR600/ton ($160/ton) decreases for PE while they represent even larger drops of SAR900/ton ($240/ton) for PP and PS. Offer levels stand at SAR4388/ton ($1169/ton) for HDPE film, SAR4425/ton ($1179/ton) for HDPE b/m and at SAR4463/ton ($1189/ton) for HDPE injection on an FD Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, cash basis. For PP raffia and injection, offers stand at SAR4500/ton ($1199/ton) while prices stand at SAR 4875/ton ($1299/ton) for GPPS and at SAR5175/ton ($1379/ton) for HIPS with the same terms.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East