Saudi Arabian producers issue March PP, PE prices
A trader commented, “One of the major local Saudi producers issued increases in line with expectations. However, as the month proceeds, we anticipate further increases since supply levels are tight. At the moment, we do not find the issued hike amounts to be too high, so we feel content. We think that the new prices are competitive with respect to the March prices announced in other Middle Eastern countries.”
Meanwhile, another trader also received offers from two local producers for raffia and injection at the same level and with the same amount of increases. According to him, a major Saudi producer’s prices are $10/ton (SAR37/ton) firmer for PP and $20/ton (SAR75/ton) firmer for PE. The trader highlighted that increases were anticipated given the firm global trend.
New March PP raffia and injection prices from the local Saudi producers stand at around SAR3787/ton ($1010/ton) for PP raffia and injection, SAR3750/ton ($1000/ton) for HDPE film and at SAR4050/ton ($1080/ton)for LLDPE film on an FD Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, cash basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint