Saudi Aramco, France’s Total plan to construct mixed-feed cracker
Once the construction is complete, the cracker is projected to have a production capacity of 1.5 million tons/year while the feedstocks for the cracker are expected be provided partly by SATORP, a JV between Aramco and Total, and by Saudi Sadara, a JV between Aramco and Dow Chemical.
The two companies’ already existing JV SATORP refinery, which is also able to produce petrochemicals, has a current capacity of 400,000 barrels/day and the parties had previously voiced their intention to increase its refining capacity by 10% on February 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China HDPE market’s premium over LLDPE hits highest in a year
- Indian PVC players expect bullish trend to taper off for August
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions