Saudi Aramco, Pertamina sign JV for Cilacap Refinery
As part of the upgrade plan, the capacity of the refinery is expected to increase to 400,000 barrels/day from 348,000 barrels/day in efforts to meet Indonesia’s increasing demand for refined products, lubricant base oils and petrochemicals. Via the upgrade of the Cilacap Refinery, the refinery will also be able to produce petrochemicals including PX, propylene, and PP as well as lubricant base oils.
The new project is expected to start up in 2021.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows