Saudi Aramco, Pertamina sign JV for Cilacap Refinery
As part of the upgrade plan, the capacity of the refinery is expected to increase to 400,000 barrels/day from 348,000 barrels/day in efforts to meet Indonesia’s increasing demand for refined products, lubricant base oils and petrochemicals. Via the upgrade of the Cilacap Refinery, the refinery will also be able to produce petrochemicals including PX, propylene, and PP as well as lubricant base oils.
The new project is expected to start up in 2021.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures