Saudi Aramco and Dow Chemical plan to launch Sadara JV
The Jubail-based complex will be the world’s largest chemical complex ever built in a single phase with 26 integrated world-scale manufacturing plants. These plants are expected to produce more than 3 million tons per year, according to a statement on Sadara’s website.
Ethylene and PE will be the first products produced at the complex, which will completely come onstream by the end of 2017. The Sadara complex will be the first naphtha-based plant in the Middle East.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe