Saudi Aramco awards shale gas contract to Japan’s JGC
The exact value of the contract was not disclosed, although the value was estimated at as much as $200 million.
Saudi Aramco was initially expected to award the contract by end November 2014 and the project was aimed to be completed by December 2016, however, the bidding process was extended several times.
According to major oil officials in Saudi Arabia, the country’s shale gas production will reach to 20 to 50 million cubic feet per day in 2016, reaching 500 million cubic feet per day by 2018. Saudi Arabia targets to increase gas production to 4 billion cubic feet per day by 2025.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally