Saudi Aramco decreases crude prices to Asia to lowest in four months
Meanwhile, the company reportedly increased its Arab Light crude January prices to Northwest Europe following the price hikes in the region after the Opec deal.
According to economists, with these moves, the country is working on getting the most of the price increases after the Opec deal without losing their competitiveness in Europe while at the same time they are trying to keep their market share in Asia, the region from which they get the most demand, Reuters reported.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures