Saudi Aramco delays closure of Jeddah refinery
The company plans to close the Jeddah refinery as late as 2022 after initially scheduling the closure as early as 2018. The refinery is able to process 90,000 barrels of oil per day and the company also exports naphtha from the refinery.
Meanwhile, the company plans to launch the Jizan refinery by 2018, but market players expect delays in the start up of the refinery for at least two years because of some technical problems.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open post-Eid period with a cautious tone
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?