Saudi Aramco suspends plans for Malaysia project
The initial plan included the construction of a 300,000 barrels/day oil refinery and a 7.7 million tons/year petrochemical complex, worth $12 billion. The project, called RAPID project, was launched in 2012 and expected to start operating in early 2019.
Petronas had announced that it was going to use LyondellBasell technology in its 400,000 tons/year HDPE unit at the RAPID complex in Pengerang, Johor, Malaysia.
Another joint venture project between Thailand’s PTT and Saudi Aramco was reported to be shelved in November 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record
- China PP, PE markets close 2020 on a soft note; SE Asia feels pressure
- Stats: China’s total PE imports down for 2nd month in November
- Egypt PET markets poised to end the year on a strong note
- China ABS prices move below SEA after 8 months
- Sentiment in Turkey’s PP, PE markets defies faltering in China