Saudi Aramco suspends plans for Malaysia project
The initial plan included the construction of a 300,000 barrels/day oil refinery and a 7.7 million tons/year petrochemical complex, worth $12 billion. The project, called RAPID project, was launched in 2012 and expected to start operating in early 2019.
Petronas had announced that it was going to use LyondellBasell technology in its 400,000 tons/year HDPE unit at the RAPID complex in Pengerang, Johor, Malaysia.
Another joint venture project between Thailand’s PTT and Saudi Aramco was reported to be shelved in November 2016.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops
- Tight supply keeps expectations bullish in Turkey’s PVC market
- End of China’s ‘zero-COVID’ stance: Double-edged sword for Asia PVC, PP and PE markets
- Mid-Eastern sellers approach China, SE Asia and Turkey with firmer PP, PE prices for Jan