Saudi JUPC awards contract for new MEG plant in Jubail
The total cost of the new plant is expected to be approximately $700 million, while the construction of the new 700,000 tons/year plant is planned to be completed by 2020.
The Saudi company already operates two MEG plants at Jubail Industrial City with capacities of 700,000 tons/year and 640,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?
- US PVC prices bounce on heels of eased stock pressure
- China PP market volatile since its rebound in H1 April, is it the new normal?
- Taiwanese major’s June PVC pricing expected to reverse course after two months
- Lockdown easing hopes help PE prices in Southeast Asia
- Downtrend loses steam in Europe’s ABS markets, PS stabilizes