Saudi JUPC awards contract for new MEG plant in Jubail
The total cost of the new plant is expected to be approximately $700 million, while the construction of the new 700,000 tons/year plant is planned to be completed by 2020.
The Saudi company already operates two MEG plants at Jubail Industrial City with capacities of 700,000 tons/year and 640,000 tons/year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets