Saudi Kayan, Yansab report weaker Q4 net profits
Meanwhile, Yanbu National Petrochemical Co (Yansab), another subsidiary of SABIC, also reported weaker financial results for the fourth quarter of 2015, citing lower average sales prices for all products as the main reason behind their weaker profits in spite of higher sales volumes.
Yansab’s net profit slumped 36.4% to 393.1 million riyals ($104.9 million), beating analysts’ expectations which called for a 345.8 million riyals ($92.2 million) quarterly profit in a survey by Reuters. In the same period of 2014, the company’s net profit was reported at 617.8 million riyals ($164.7 million).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East