Saudi Kayan and Yansab report weaker financial results for Q3
Meanwhile, Yanbu National Petrochemical Co (Yansab), a subsidiary of SABIC, also reported weaker financial results for the third quarter of this year despite lower feedstocks costs and a decrease in financial charges. The company cited lower average sales prices for all products as the main reason behind their quarterly weaker financial results in the three months ending in September.
Yansab’s net profit slumped 56.4% to 301.7 million riyals ($80.5 million), weaker than analysts’ expectations which called for a 389.3 million riyals ($103.8 million) quarterly profit in a survey by Reuters. In the same period of last year, the company’s net profit was reported at 691.3 million riyals ($184.3 million).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns