Saudi Kayan and Yansab report weaker financial results for Q3
Meanwhile, Yanbu National Petrochemical Co (Yansab), a subsidiary of SABIC, also reported weaker financial results for the third quarter of this year despite lower feedstocks costs and a decrease in financial charges. The company cited lower average sales prices for all products as the main reason behind their quarterly weaker financial results in the three months ending in September.
Yansab’s net profit slumped 56.4% to 301.7 million riyals ($80.5 million), weaker than analysts’ expectations which called for a 389.3 million riyals ($103.8 million) quarterly profit in a survey by Reuters. In the same period of last year, the company’s net profit was reported at 691.3 million riyals ($184.3 million).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount